Admissions to Primary School – Reception 2021
Hindsford CE Primary School is a Voluntary Controlled school. All our admission arrangements are arranged by the Wigan Authority. Please contact the Local Authority if you have any queries regarding admissions.
Timetable for Admissions to Reception Class September 2021:
- Admission information will become available – Sept 2020.
- On-line application service will open – 1st October 2020
- If you are interested in sending your child/children to Hindsford, please watch our virtual tour of the school.
You are also welcome to attend a Meet & Greet virtual Zoom on Thursday 12th November 2020, at 9.30am
Meeting ID: 984 2009 8499
- Closing date for applications will be 15th January 2021.
- Wigan Authority will send details of applications to other Local Authorities on 3rd February 2021.
- Wigan Authority will inform other Local Authorities of offers made to their residents – 23rd March 2021.
- Wigan Authority will send a final list of pupils offered places to each school – 2nd April 2021.
- Offers will sent out to parents – 16th April 2021.
- Parents to return acceptance slips for offer of school places – 30th April 2021.
- Closing date for appeals- 17th May 2021.
- Start Date – September 2021.
Hindsford CE Primary School is a one form entry school with a total capacity for 210 pupils.
The maximum number of children admitted to Reception class is 30.
- Children with special educational needs which names the school
- Children in public care
- Children whose older brother or sister attend the school and who will still be there at the time of admission *
- Other children living closest to the school. Distance is measured on a survey map in a straight line
In the event of over subscription in any one criterion, priority will be given to those living nearest to school.
* Brothers and sisters include half or step brothers and sisters, and foster brothers and sisters, who are living at the same address as part of the same family unit.
Wigan Local Authority administers the admission procedure. Parents who are not offered a place can appeal against the decision.
Parents/Carers will need to contact the Local Authority on 01942 489013 or visit Wigan Council – Primary School Admissions online to learn more about the process of admission for Hindsford CE School.
Admissions to High School
Transfer from Primary to Secondary School
Timetable for Admissions to Secondary School 2021-2022:
- Admission booklets available online – September 2020
- Online application service opens – 15th September 2020
- Closing date for applications – 31st October 2020
- Applications Processed – October 2020 to February 2021
- Offer letters sent to parents – 1st March 2021
- Closing date for appeals – 30th March 2021
- Appeals Heard – May to June 2021
- Start Date – September 2021
If your child will turn 11 between 1st September 2020 and 31st August 2021, he or she will transfer to secondary school at the start of the new school year in September 2021.
The online application process is now open. You should have received a letter to remind you to apply.
The Admissions Portal may ask for your child’s Unique Identification Number (UID) when you apply. You can still apply without the UID. If the Admissions Portal does not ask for your UID it means that your child’s details have automatically been matched to their record and you won’t need to enter it
For More Information about Admissions, please image on the link below: